Aerosim Inter-School Aviation Tournament 2023 (AIAT2023) is a tournament engaging all interested Hong Kong Secondary students to actualise their STEM understanding and explore their interest in the aviation industry. The implications of this tournament include the application of STEM education in the aviation field, realistic flight simulation contests as well as aviation career exposure.
With the support of our strategic partners, Aerosim (HK) Limited looks to groom and cultivate a new generation of aviation specialists catering to the demands consistent with government policies. AIAT is the first ‘full-stack’ aviation tournament of its kind; our tournament extends beyond flight simulation and requires students to actively engage in critical thinking, problem-solving, communications among countless other applicable skills beneficial to career development.
- 1 Sep - 31 Dec 2022
- Participating teams will receive a confirmation email from the organiser after registration and screening.
- 11 November 2022
- The online briefing session will include information details and regulations of each competition stage.
- 16 January 2023
Stage 1A: Glider Design Presentation Submission Deadline (Group)
- 24 February 2023
- The assessment will be conducted in the form of a group project.
- Best Video Award will be awarded to the Top 3 teams.
Stage 2: Aviation General Knowledge Test (Individual)
- 25 March 2023
- The individual assessment will be conducted in the form of online written test.
- The assessment will be multiple-choice questions.
- This will count as 50% of the total score for Final Stage qualification.
Stage 1B: Glider Launch Challenge (Group)
- 2 April 2023
- The challenge will be conducted in the form of group.
- Each group will have two attempts to strive for the longest distance.
- Stage 1 (Stage 1A + Stage 1B) will count as 50% of the total score for Final Stage qualification.
Final Stage: Flight Simulation Challenge (Individual)
- 26-28 May 2023
- The challenge will be conducted in the form of individual.
- The finalist will be assessed through a flight planning exercise, presentation, and flying challenges using flight simulators.
Finale & Awards Presentation Ceremony
- 14 July 2023
- Showcase of Aircraft STEAM Models
- Winners will be invited on stage to receive awards and certificates.
- Sharing session
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Signing up to the Tournament entitles students to be inclusive with:
- A subscription to Jeppesen’s Part 61
- Aviation-STEM Online Tutorial（Total 12 Hours）
- Aviation STEAM Workshop （Total 1.5 Hours）
Aerosim Inter-School Aviation Tournament 2023 will include Aircraft Design Project, Model Flying Challenge, General Knowledge Test and more. These stages will take place in both group basis and individual basis.
The stages will prepare entrants for their future far beyond DSE, University and more.
Part 61 is a Private Pilot License ground theory subscription provided by Jeppesen, a Boeing Company. This program allows students to receive an industry standard of aviation knowledge and training. There will be learning materials uploaded to Moodle provided by Aerosim to further aid students’ learning experience.
Taking part in this tournament enables schools and students to compete in the first “Full-Stack” aviation tournament of its kind.
Competing in Aerosim Inter-School Aviation Tournament 2023 and emerging as finalists will be great achievements for schools.
Testing students abilities and potential, this tournament provides experiences and challenges like no other for all students from the very beginning. The Aerosim Inter-School Aviation Tournament 2023 may be the starting point of future aviators.
- Register will close on 31st December 2022
- Training begins in Mid-January 2023
- The tests will take place between February to May 2023
Thank you for your interest! However, we are focusing on Business-to-Business (B2B) at the moment.
Aerosim is committed to offer various technologies that empower learner to achieve bolder learning outcomes.
Here is a list of services Aerosim can provide:
- STEM Lab Design
Revolutionize a regular room into a next-generation training lab, providing aviation atmosphere aiding learning experience and help students actualize classroom knowledge through Aviation
- Group Class
Providing structured training for anyone who is interested in aviation
- Event Package
Mix and match our different aviation offerings to deliver maximum STEM learning outcomes (Model A, Aero Cadet, Aircraft Model, Winglider…)
- Professional Training Materials
- Jeppesen’s FAA- and EASA-approved aviation training courseware
- ASA professional training materials
- Curriculum with Online Learning Platform
Enhance learning experience of students by integrating textbooks and modern Augmented Reality (AR) technology, embody knowledge by visualization
Learn more about our curriculum
Feel free to leave your contact via WhatsApp, our business development team will get in touch with you shortly.